International Association for Human Values
Peace is possible in our lifetime – Re-awakening of Human Values is the key
IAHV offers researched and evidence-based programs to solve root causes of society’s most serious problems – allowing Human Values to flourish again worldwide.
IAHV offers programs to reduce stress and develop leaders so that human values can flourish in people and communities. We foster the daily practice of human values – a sense of connectedness and respect for all people and the natural environment, an attitude of non-violence, and an ethic of social service. Our programs enhance clarity of mind, shift attitudes and behaviors, and develop leaders and communities that are resilient, responsible, and inspired.
- All human beings are equal.
- Responsibility and an attitude of selfless service are the foundation of true empowerment.
- Peace, happiness and compassion are the intrinsic nature of human beings.
- Socio-economic development must be built on human values to be sustainable.
- Incorporation of human values into all aspects of life will ultimately lead to a more peaceful, just and sustainable world.
The International Association for Human Values was created in Geneva in 1997 by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as a global platform for humanitarian initiatives that solve problems by uplifting human values. IAHV was registered as a 501(c)(3) in the United States in 1998.
We foster the daily practice of human values – a sense of connectedness and respect for all people and the natural environment, an attitude of non-violence, and an ethic of social service.
Through its country organizations and partners, IAHV conducts service projects and raises funds for humanitarian and disaster relief initiatives throughout the world. IAHV is registered in the following countries: France, Germany, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Russia, Slovenia, USA, Canada, South Africa, Kenya, India, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and St. Lucia.
To meet the challenges of today, IAHV is actively engaged in a variety of activities around the world, in collaboration with its world-wide network of partners.
- Raising awareness of the key role of Human Values in achieving a global society of peace, justice and well-being for all. We do this through Conferences, Symposia, Workshops, Advocacy for timeless wisdom.
- Re-awakening of Human Values in the individual, communities, among countries – through natural evidence-based programs, practical tools and techniques
- Inspiring people to live and express Human Values in daily life – through voluntary service to society/community.
IAHV contributes to the 17 SDGs of the UN, to programs of governments and communities; IAHV has developed own programs and projects for special regions or communities – wherever help and change is needed.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is an international humanitarian leader who is the global rallying voice of this generation’s collective call for peace.
Named one of the “Seven Most Powerful People in India,” by Forbes, his world-renowned meditation techniques helped end the 60 year conflict in Colombia. He has been credited in bringing opposing parties together to facilitate meditation and peace talks in Iraq, Cote d’Ivoire and India.
Founder of the Art of Living Foundation and International Association for Human Values, Sri Sri is leading the way toward peace and tolerance through meditation and humanitarian efforts. Over 35 years, his programs and initiatives have touched the lives of over 370 million people in over 150 countries.
“Sudarshan Kriya,” the meditation technique introduced by Sri Sri is backed by research and implemented in schools, corporations, prisons, refugee camps and retreat centers around the world. As a spiritual teacher, Sri Sri rekindled traditions of yoga and meditation that have helped millions of people achieve personal and social transformation by relieving stress and discovering inner peace in daily life.
Sri Sri’s mission is to show the world that through achieving inner peace, we will be able to see our human interconnectedness and become a One World Family.