At IAHV, we value your support and we are committed to protecting your privacy. Our site is a safe environment for anyone who visits or makes a donation. The purpose of this statement is to share with you our policy concerning your privacy.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you visit our site, we collect some non-identifying basic information. This includes total number of visitors, pages viewed, and other non-identifying information. We use this aggregate information to improve our site and to make your experience on our website as smooth as possible.
Donations and purchases made on-line to us are secure. When you make a donation on-line, we ask for your name, address, phone, e-mail address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your email and mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and to keep you informed about our project information and regular updates. We also do not use for mailing purposes or correspondences any of the honoree email addresses you submit to send email honor cards.
IAHV DOES NOT trade, share or sell a donor’s (both offline donor and online donor) personal information with anyone else nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
IAHV maintains a written policy to discontinue contacting any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to IAHV, its fundraiser or other agents.
About our “cookies.”
- To allow you to keep the items in your basket, as you pass through the catalog, we utilize “cookies,” which store your order information in your web browser. The order “cookies” we use are only used to process your order.
- We also offer users the option to “Remember Me” which will help make future orders quicker because some of your information will already be stored in our system. Users opting to be remembered will have a “remember me cookie” stored by their Web browser.
- The “remember me cookie” is encoded to point to the user’s contact information in IAHV’s database so that it may be accessed with subsequent orders to pre-fill the order form. Credit card information cannot be accessed using the “remember me cookie.”
The “remember me cookie” itself contains none of the user’s personal information. And the system will only pre-fill the order form with contact information if it detects the user’s “remember me cookie,” receives and confirms the user’s correct email address as part of the ordering process. Also, the “remember me cookie” is not set to expire. If a user opts not to be remembered during future orders, however, the “remember me cookie” is cleared from the user’s computer.
- If you would rather not accept “cookies,” you may call your order in to us at 202-250-3405. Or, you may mail it to: 2401 15th Street N.W. Washington DC 20009
- We do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child without the consent of the child’s parent(s). Children under the age of 13 should obtain parental consent before ordering from our site.
Do we share your information?
- We do not share your personal information with any third party. It is our policy not to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. If we choose to change our policy, you will be given the option to remove your name from our database.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information. The information given includes: total number of donors, total amount of donations for specific periods of time, and referring websites. Aggregate information of this kind is used to encourage fundraising partnerships.
- Our site has public forums such as message boards. We may use the information posted on the message board in our marketing efforts. Please remember that any information disclosed on these areas becomes public information that may be used by outside parties who do not need our consent. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information.
- We use a third-party financial institution to process our credit card transactions. They receive the credit card number and other personal information of our donors only to verify credit card numbers and to process credit card transactions in a secure environment.
How do we provide a secure environment for on-line transactions?
- Our on-line order processing system allows you to make safe donations and purchases. We use the latest encryption technology, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to insure that no one can read your information as it travels to our ordering system.
- Our on-line credit card verification system is handled by a third party, which collects your name, address, phone, credit card number and expiration date in order to process your transaction. Their encryption technology offers the highest level of security available on the Internet today. They have state-of-the-art firewalls and other security technology in place to insure the confidentiality of your transactions.
How do you contact us regarding your information?
- You can send anonymous donations simply by sending a money order to us at the address found at the bottom of this privacy statement. If you do not give your name and address we will be unable to send you a tax-deductible receipt.
- If you wish to remain anonymous but want to donate on-line and have a tax deductible receipt, please donate to us through an on-line charity site such as www.helping.org
- If you prefer to only receive e-mail updates, please send your full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to email@example.com
- If you prefer not to receive any mail or e-mail correspondence from us, please send your full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org